How to make a Screenshot
You have two options.
- Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard to copy the entire screen to the clipboard.
- PrtScn Key is in the upper right part of the keyboard.
- Press Alt key and the Print Screen key at the same time to copy only the active window.
Next you’ll need to save the screen shot as a file.
- Open MS Paint
- Create a new file
- Select Paste from the Edit menu.
- Save the file as a .jpg or .gif
- You’ll need to select SAVE AS, not Save.
Pressing Command-Shift-3 creates a PICT file of the entire screen in the top directory of your boot drive. Press Command-Shift-4 to change the cursor to a cross, which you can click and drag to select an area of the screen to capture in a PICT file. The same combination with Caps Lock activated changes the cursor to a circle; click a window with the circle to create a PICT of that window. Adding the Control key to any of these combinations copies the screen image to the clipboard.