Hi friends! For the past few weeks, I’ve been meaning to host this contest, but the month has just about gotten away from me. To celebrate February 2018, a month of love and figure skating, I’m hosting a pet give away contest based on my favorite show, Yuri on Ice. The highly popular anime series was recently promoted on NBC during the winter Olympics in Pyeongchang when pairs skaters from Japan skated to the song, Yuri on Ice, in the team short program. You do NOT have to watch the series to participate in this contest (although it may be helpful).
Contest rules: Below is a crossword puzzle to solve based on the 11 trivia questions provided. The answers can all be found in the first season (12 episodes of Yuri on Ice). You may submit the answers in crossword puzzle format, or you may simply present the answer to each question in numbered format. The first person to correctly answer all 11 questions (with 100% accuracy) will win a code for a free pet. To enter, you must post your answers on this forum under the current open post, and you must be able to receive emails from Momskinz. The contest will remain open until the puzzle is solved or until February 28, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. EST, whichever occurs first.
Prize: The first person to correctly answer all 11 questions with 100% accuracy (spelling counts) will receive their choice of ONE free pet code. The winner may choose from these four Webkinz pets: a seasonal love kitten, a signature Siamese cat, a signature bull terrier, or a deluxe membership panda cub (virtual pet only, membership not included). The code will be forwarded to Momskinz, who will forward it to the winner.
If you have any questions, please ask! I will provide NO hints regarding the answers. However, if someone is close to solving the puzzle but without perfect accuracy, I will post that they are “close”. Let the game begin!
You may need to click the link to see the crossword puzzle. The questions are posted below.
- Representing Japan, placed 6th at the figure skating Grand Prix Final: Yuri _______ .
- Victor Nikiforov: world figure skating champion from ______ .
- Victor leaves competitive figure skating to become Yuri’s _____ .
- Junior Russian figure skating champion who travels to Japan to remind Victor of his promise: ____ Plisetsky.
- Choreographs a program for both Yuris: ______ .
- After Victor agrees to stay in Japan, Yuri Katsuki asks him to be his coach until he _______ .
- After successfully making it through the qualifying round, Yuri competes against his friend, Phichit of Thailand, and Christophe Giacometti of Switzerland at the Cup of _____ .
- Yuri Katsuki must then face his number one rival, at the Cup of Rostelecom in Russia, Yuri _________ .
- Narrowly making it into finals, Yuri and Victor head to the Grand Prix Finals in _________ .
- Victor tells Yuri that he will continue as his coach only if he wins ____ .
- In the end, Victor stays, not because of the gold medal on Yuri’s neck, but on his ______ .